The third in a series of seminars by the Policy Connect sustainability hub, this event will focus on the future of UK policy on the built environment post-Brexit.
Topics for discussion include:
- What are the knock-on effects of Brexit for energy efficient building projects and how can the UK design policy to incentivise investment in the sector?
- What will the likely impact of Brexit be on building efficiency targets and standards?
- How will policy need to be designed to continue to support best practice in environmental standards by UK businesses in the construction and infrastructure sector?
- What policy environment is needed to attract infrastructure investment in sustainable projects post-Brexit to tackle major infrastructure challenges, including
- the housing crisis
- waste management
- energy security and affordability
- the devolution agenda?
- How will policies need to be designed for the UK to have access to a skilled workforce and focus on developing the next generation of home-grown talent that is equipped to tackle the UK's infrastructure challenges in a sustainable fashion?
Chair: Oliver Colvile MP, Chair of the APPG for Excellence in the Built Environment
Speakers to be confirmed.