Report Launch: Green Bill of Health - Acting now for a sustainable recovery and a healthy future
We are delighted to announce the launch of Policy Connect's upcoming report: Green Bill of Health - Acting now for a sustainable recovery and a healthy future.
The report explores how we can act now for a sustainable and recovery and a healthy future.
It is the culmination of a 9-month project, which involved experts from both the sustainability and health sectors, including Baroness Brown, chair of the Climate Change Committee’s Adaptation Committee, Dr David Penchon from the University of Exeter as well as experts from the Nuffield Trust and Chatham House.
The report sets out clear recommendations for a green and healthy recovery from the current economic and health crises; how the UK can lead on heath and climate change, particularly in the context of its COP 26 presidency; and how we can plan for a health future over the long-term. The report is kindly sponsored by the Lancet Countdown.
The report launch will be chaired by the Rt Hon Hilary Benn MP. The session will feature a panel of experts reacting to the report’s findings, followed by wider discussion with attendees.
Speakers will include:
- Madeleine Thomson (Head of Our Planet Our health, Wellcome Trust)
- David Pencheon (University of Exeter)
- Alan Dangour (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)
- Elisabeth Robinson (University of Reading)
- Ágnes Szuda (Policy manager for Sustainability, Policy Connect and author of the Green Bill of Health report)