Report Launch - Upskilling Industry: Manufacturing Productivity and Growth in England
This event is being held to launch the Manufacturing Commission's forthcoming report - Upskilling Industry: Manufacturing Productivity and Growth in England.
It is widely acknowledged that skills shortages throughout UK manufacturing are severely affecting productivity and are limiting businesses’ ability to recover from both the COVID-19 pandemic and the UK’s departure from the EU. This inquiry has explored the reasons behind the ‘skills gap’ and considers how businesses, education providers, and individuals can better navigate the complex skills system in England.
The report launch is chaired by Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea.
- Kevin Hollinrake MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Business and Trade
- Mark Pawsey MP, Business and Trade Committee member
- Sarah Olney MP, Liberal Democrat spokesperson for Business and Industrial Strategy
- Chi Onwurah MP, Shadow Minister for Science & Innovation
- Rob Allen, Senior Policy and Research Manager, Policy Connect
- Professor Carl Perrin, Chief Executive, Institute for Future Transport and Cities, Coventry University
- Andrew Everett, Chief Executive and Executive Secretary, The ERA Foundation
- Jack Semple, Secretary to the Engineering and Machinery Alliance
- Professor Robin Clark, Dean of Warwick Manufacturing Group
- Richard Jenkins, Director for SME manufacturing in East and West Midlands, Lloyds Banking Group
For further information or to register for this event please contact robert.allen [at] policyconnect.org.uk.