Keeping it local - East Midlands
The Manufacturing Commission's report, 'Keeping it local - East Midlands', launched at Labour Party Conference 2019. It outlines vital measures that government should take to ensure that British manufacturing is supported by the Local Industrial Strategy.
The report covers seven themes:
- Longevity of the strategies
- The role of SMEs in policy development
- Business collaboration
- Exploiting the changing technological landscape
- Accessing new global markets
- The role of Higher Education
- Skills that are fit for work
The report is the first short report in a 12 month inquiry chaired by Lord Bilimoria CBE, Cross Bench Peer and Chairman and Founder of Cobra Beer. It provides a localised snapshot of some of the pressures facing manufacturers and will feed into the main report which will be launched later this year.
This inquiry and report has been kindly supported by the ERA Foundation and the Manufacturing Technologies Association.